Our school is a unique place to learn
Our school is unique and special in many ways…
- We can be found at the heart of the Mount Pleasant Complex in the Falkland Islands – 8000 miles from the UK!
- We are the most southerly MOD School in the World and welcome children from Service, MoD and entitled families who are posted to Mount Pleasant Complex on continuity tours.
- We are situated in a wonderful, purpose-built school. We really enjoy using our hall, our new playgrounds and our exciting classrooms.
- We have excellent staff who love working here and ensure that our children achieve a higher-than-average academic performance.
- We use our unique context and geographical location to create a wonderfully engaging and enriched curriculum.
- We usually have 30 to 40 children in our school, aged from 2 to 11 years. We successfully meet the challenge of mixed age group classes, within a context of high mobility, and ensure that our children acquire the necessary knowledge and skills in order to be successful learners.
- We actively promote our school values and our children demonstrate respect, kindness and a genuine concern for others in all that they do.
- We promote links with the Falkland Islands Director of Education, Falkland Island Secondary School and Stanley Infant and Junior School and local ‘camp’ teachers, which promotes host nation links and strengthens our role here in Falkland Islands